This article contains information on how to create display ad units in your AdSense dashboard and how to build a backfill campaign in Sortable's platform.
Creating ad units in AdSense
To create a display ad unit, follow the instructions in the in this AdSense Help article to create units for each size that you are using with Sortable. AdSense Responsive tags will not work for the passback.
Creating an AdSense backfill campaign
- Log in to the Sortable dashboard.
- Select the person icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Self-serve Ads.
- Click New Ad Campaign. Use the following criteria to create your campaign:
- Name – Give the campaign a name that you would want to see while searching or reporting. Suggested naming convention: Company Name - AdSense Passback
- Type – House
- Floor – 0.00
- Sites – Select the site you would like this AdSense backfill campaign to target.
- Leave all other settings as the default settings.
- Click Create Ad Campaign.
- To create a new creative, use the following criteria:
- Name – Defaults to the size of the creative
- Size – Select the size of the AdSense Ad tag; we suggest you add a creative for each size available that AdSense supports: 728x90, 160x600, 300x250, 300x600, 320x50, 336x280, 468x60, 970x90, 970x250, 320x100
- Kind – Third-party
- Third-party HTML – Paste in your AdSense Tag
- Click Add Creative to Campaign.
- Repeat for all other sizes for the site you selected.
This may take a few hours to sync and go live on your site.
Once it is live, you will be able to see your AdSense <ins> tags filling into the Sortable slots when Sortable does not have a buyer for the slot.
Your revenue for these AdSense Passback tags will appear in your AdSense dashboard and will not appear in the Sortable Dashboard. You will be paid directly from AdSense for these impressions.