Hosted ads.txt is a way for you to control and manage your own ads.txt file while we host it for you in Sortable Analytics. You add your custom ads.txt lines to the Ads.txt File page and when our ads.txt page is updated, your ads.txt page is automatically updated too.
How does this benefit me?
You don't have to manually update your page every time we update our ads.txt file. Once your custom lines are in, every time we update our ads.txt file, yours is updated automatically.
What's changed in Sortable Analytics?
There is a new page under Site Settings called Ads.txt File. You'll be able to see this page and add your custom lines, but if you haven't requested that it be enabled, we aren't hosting it for you (yet).
If it isn't enabled for you, you'll see this text on your screen:
If it is enabled, you'll see this text on your screen.
Where it says "snapsort.com," you would see your own domain name.
What do I have to do to enable this feature?
Contact your account manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I add custom lines?
- Under Manage custom ads.txt lines, click the link to go to the Ads.txt Custom Lines page.
- Select your site.
- Copy and paste your custom lines, ensuring that you have one per line.
- Click Save.
How do I get the ads.txt redirect URL?
After your account is enabled, the URL is available on your Ads.txt File page. You can use the same redirect URL for different sites if they use the same ads.txt lines.
Do I need to do anything?
After hosted ads.txt has been enabled for your site, you need to perform these steps:
- In Sortable Analytics, navigate to Site Settings > Ads.txt File.
- Select a site.
- Add any custom lines for your own demand partner relationships using Manage custom ads.txt lines.
- Click Save. (You can see this in the top right corner of the screen; it only appears if there are changes on the page.)
- Set the ads.txt file location on your root domain (domain.com/ads.txt) to redirect to the Sortable hosted ads.txt domain, as a single valid HTTP/HTTPs redirect (301, 302, or 307). Work with your domain hosting provider for specific instructions on how to setup your URL redirect (for example, https://ca.godaddy.com/help/create-url-redirects-in-my-web-and-classic-hosting-account-5120).
For more information, or to view the full IAB spec, look here.