It can be helpful to preview how an ad creative will look once it is served on your website or be able to provide a link to a client or other team members to review and approve. This article will walk you through the steps needed to preview a line item creative or create a preview link that you can then share with an external party or with internal team members.
If you are a Sortable Hosted customer — if Sortable manages the Google Ad Manager (GAM) account for you — reach out directly to email@example.com and we will provide you with the preview link.
To preview a line item's creative and create a preview link:
- Log in into your Google Ad Manager account.
- Navigate to Delivery > Line Items on the left navigation bar.
- Find the specific line item that corresponds to the campaign you are referring to and select the name of the line item.
- Click the Creative(s) tab (beside Settings).
- Find the specific creative name that corresponds to the campaign you are referring to and select the name of the creative.
- Click on the Preview tab (beside Settings).
- Scroll down and click On site.
- Input the URL where the video will play. Preview page must contain an ad tag that matches the line item's ad unit and size targeting; the system ignores other targeting criteria.
- Click Show Preview URL.
- Copy the URL and provide it to the client or team member for review.