Data we collect
We collect the following data in order to serve ads to visitors and report on those ads to our publishers
At sign up, we'll collect a publisher's email address, telephone number, and banking information.
Data from visitors to one of our publisher's sites
We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you watch a video on YouTube, visit a website that uses our advertising services, or view and interact with our ads and content. This information includes:
- Device information: When using a mobile device we collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers).
- Event logs: When a visitor views an ad on a publisher's site, we automatically collect and store certain information surrounding that event including:
- URL and query parameters
- Advertising information
- Winning partner
- Bid price
- Deal ID
- Additional segment and targeting data provided by the publishers (First Party data)
- Location information: We use a user's IP Address to estimate a user's location.
- Local storage: We collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Data use, storage, and retention
There are two classes of data we collect and retain: event logs and ad impressions.
|Data type||Event logs||Ad impressions|
|Description||Telemetry collected from the browser and our internal services during the process of serving an ad.||Created by ingesting and processing event logs. This data is also summarized to improve reporting performance.|
|Retention||12 months, after which it is deleted||Retained for the lifetime of a customer|
|Access||Restricted to employees who require access (engineers and data scientists)||Restricted to publisher|
|Anonymity||Pseudonymized personal data. However the IP address is not truncated.|
Pseudonymized personal data. The following transformations ensure pseudonymity:
This data can be tied back to the event log data until that data is past its retention period.
Data security and location
Data is stored in Amazon's S3 cloud storage. Data is physically located and processed in the US, in Amazon's US-EAST data centers.
Product specific details
|Sortable Server-to-Server Demand|
Sortable for Prebid
|What it does||Ad-serving container loads partner's header bidding scripts||Infrastructure to connect to DSPs and SSPs via the OpenRTB Protocol|
|Personal data we collect|
The following pseudonymized personal data about the user is collected for reporting purposes:
|Other data we collect|
The following data is collected about the ad impression for reporting purposes and shard with partners in aggregate:
|Information we share|
Sortable does not pass personal data on to header bidding partners, but advertising partners may collect additional data once loaded:
The following data is passed along to partners during the ad impression:
The advertising partners may collect the following personal data during an ad impression:
See this page for details on how we comply with GDPR.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact the Sortable privacy team by e-mail at email@example.com